Sauerkraut And Mushroom Steamed Buns (酸菜蘑菇包子）https://youtu.be/HwVEyRJ-zs8
- 150 ml warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 300g all purpose flour
- Soy sauce
- Black pepper powder
- Fresh Mushroom
- Dry mushroom
- Sauerkraut, measure after squeezing out the liquid
- Mix water, sugar, yeast and oil in a mixing bowl, add flour in and stir until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with a damp tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Knead the dough until it goes back to its original size.
Make the filling
- Fry cabbage and mushroom
- Add in sauerkraut and mix well.
- Add soy sauce and black pepper
Assembling the buns
- After the dough is done proofing, remove it from the bowl to a working surface, knead several times to deflate it.
- Divide the dough into equal portions, and then form each portion into balls by tucking the edge to the center, and place the seam side down.
- Cover with a greased plastic wrap and rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a disk that's thinner at the edge and thicker in the middle. Place a scoop of filling in the middle and wrap it into buns.
- Steam it. That is it .