- 2 ¾ cups self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup currants or dried fruit
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and butter until crumbly.
3. Stir in the sugar, cream, and currants. The mixture should form a soft dough.
4. Shape the dough into a round disk, about 1 inch thick.
5. Cut the disk into 8 wedges and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Cool on a wire rack before serving. Enjoy!